FX Vanilla Options
A Vanilla Option is a derivative financial instrument that gives the buyer the right, but not the obligation, to either buy or sell Call or Put Options of a predefined notional amount of a currency cross at a pre-defined price ("Strike price") at a predefined date in the future (“Expiry date”). The seller of the option has a corresponding obligation to fulfill the transaction should the buyer decide to “exercise” his right.
Trade FX Options long or short
At Saxo Capital Markets, Forex Options can be either bought or sold.
FX Options can be traded from the FX Options Board
Saxo Capital Markets is the first FX Options trading provider to offer trading of FX Options from the innovative
FX Options Board on live streaming prices, without dealer intervention.
The FX Options Board covers maturities from 1 day to 6 months in standard tenors and strikes. Other maturities and strikes are available in a separate trade ticket or as Request For Quote (RFQ).
Innovative FX Options Board
- 'Click and Trade' solution built into Saxo Capital Markets’ trading platforms.
- An intuitive and customized workspace displaying both FX Vanilla Options in dedicated views.
- A matrix of quotes across wide range of standardised maturity dates and strikes.
- An overview of net open positions.
- Allows you to continuously monitor prices on multiple contracts.